Our Repairs team use local contractors to get your repairs sorted as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. If there is an emergency, call us IMMEDIATELY so we can get a contractor out straight away. If you have a routine repair, you can report it using our MyHightown online service.
Make sure your outside tap doesn’t freeze in winter
- Isolate the outside tap inside the property (this should be its own isolation valve, not the stopcock for the entire property).
- Then open the outside tap to drain off any excess water left in the pipework.
- Once outside tap is drained, turn off the tap and leave the isolation valve off until the warmer weather returns.
- You can find your valve under your kitchen sink or in the cupboard upstairs - depending on the property. A lot of the new builds should have a label on it saying 'outside tap'.
|Between 9am-5pm on weekdays||01442 292301|
|Out of hours||
0845 160 00 77 (local rate)
Report a Repair
Call 01442 292301 Log in to MyHightown More info on repairs
You can report a repair and track repairs to your home or block using our MyHightown service. Once your repair is done, use MyHightown to tell us how it went.
We rely on you to let us know about any repairs needed in your home and to let us in to do them. We will fix problems caused by fair wear and tear. You will need to fix anything that you damage. Please note: if you own your home (incl. shared owners) then you are responsible for repairs in your home but you can log into MyHightown to report repairs to any communal areas.
You can also send in repairs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 292301 during office hours.
Home Contents Insurance
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.
To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Hightown Housing Association have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.
The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
How do you get further information?
- Contact your Housing Officer for an information pack
- Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
- Alternatively, please visit the thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.