The following benefits are available to permanent staff on Hightown's terms & conditions and are pro-rata for part-time employees.
• All our staff enjoy a generous leave entitlement of at least 33 days per year, including bank holidays. This increases annually with service to a maximum of 35 days, pro rata for part time employees.
• We offer competitive salaries which are reviewed annually.
• We make sleep-in payments of at least £45.53 available in addition to your basic pay.
Monthly Attendance Bonus
• We pay you an additional 1.25% of your salary each month if you've not had any sickness absence in the previous month
• We offer an annual bonus scheme based on performance just in time for Christmas
Refer a friend
• If your friend is successfully recruited and passes their six month probation, we'll pay you £130
• Your family are important to us, so if anything happens to you we ensure that they receive a payment of three times your salary. We hope we don't have to do this, but it's good to know it's there should the worst happen.
• We recognise that you may be absent from work for ill health or injury. Depending on service length, we offer between two weeks and thirteen weeks full pay.
• We provide an employee contribution pension scheme. As your employer we'll contribute 4%.
• Our teams are often out and about supporting people or visiting our development sites. We pay a generous rate of 45p per mile to cover the cost of using your car.
Long Service Awards
• As a thank you for your dedication, hard work and trust in us, we want to say thank you for making a difference and at 10 years service you receive either an extra weeks' holiday or £300
• We will cover the cost of a DBS if your role requires it.
• We offer access to a kitchen that includes free tea and coffee and a fridge to keep your food in.
Supporting your development
• We'll provide you with a full induction and training when you join us
• We are proud to see staff to grow with us, so we offer a great range of training and development including e-learning, virtual courses and in-house training.
• You'll receive regular 1-2-1's and appraisals and we'll support you to reach your potential and be recognised for being a professional and we'll support you to achieve a Care Certificate qualification if your role requires it.
• We also fund the fees for one annual subscription with a relevant professional body per member of staff.
• Our annual staff conference brings everyone together to revisit our achievements and look ahead. It's a chance to enjoy spending time with colleagues and consider Hightown's priorities for the future.
• Employees with over 5 years' continuous service may take additional unpaid sabbatical leave from 3-12 months and return to their own or a similar post and service is preserved.
Employee Support and Health & Wellbeing
• We offer a free 24 hour, confidential counselling service for all staff and their families. This is run by experienced, professionally qualified counsellors.
• We use a lot of screens to do our roles and it's important to look after our eyes. We'll provide eye care vouchers of £25 towards the cost of your annual eye exam
• Should an illness or injury affect your ability to come into work, our occupational health service are there to provide qualified medical advice
• You can download a free wellness app, helping you to support, manage and monitor a healthy lifestyle
• We are committed to removing the stigma surrounding mental health in the workplace and reinforce that it's okay to talk about issues. Our mental health champions are here to provide advice and support to help staff through any circumstances affecting their mental health and wellbeing
• If you work local to our Head Office in Hemel Hempstead, you can access our private, well equipped gym during office hours to maintain your health and fitness
These are the Employee Benefits as at May 2022 and may change at anytime.