The following benefits are available to permanent staff on Hightown's terms & conditions and are pro-rata for part-time employees.
- Holidays - 25 days per year, plus 8 paid bank holidays. Your annual leave can increase to 27 days after 2 years with us.
- Occupational Pension Scheme - Hightown offers all qualifying workers auto-enrolement into a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme with the Social Housing Pension Scheme after three months of starting employment. Hightown matches the employee's contribution of between 1% and 4%. Further details about pension benefits are available from HR.
- Bonus Payment - A discretionary bonus is paid in December to all staff who joined on or before 1st April of the same year and have achieved a satisfactory performance Appraisal. This payment is non-contractual and staff must still be employed on 1st December of the relevant year in order to obtain a bonus. Employees that transferred to Hightown under TUPE arrangements are not eligible for this bonus.
- Professional Subscriptions - Annual subscription fees are met for membership to one relevant professional body per member of staff.
- Free use of staff gym - All Hightown staff can use the gym at Hightown House for free before and after work or in their lunch break.
- Free Life Assurance - A Death in Service benefit of three times annual salary for all permanent full time and part time employees, up to age 65.
- Sickness - To supplement the first day of sickness absence being unpaid and the following 4 days being half pay, Hightown makes a monthly payment of 1.25% of salary. This equates to 3 days extra pay per year. The payment commences after six months service following satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
- Sabbatical Leave - Employees with over 5 years' continuous service may take additional unpaid sabbatical leave from 3-12 months and return to their own or a similar post and service is preserved.
- Employee assistance helpline - This is a free 24 hour, confidential telephone help and advice service available to staff.
These are the Employee Benefits as at May 2015 and may change at anytime.