We will work with residents to help prevent anti-social behaviour from occurring and will react quickly when incidents occur. We will work in partnership with other agencies to prevent and tackle anti-social behaviour in the neighbourhoods where we own homes.

You can report anti-social behaviour online via your MyHightown account 

Alternatively, you can contact your housing officer during office hours on 01442 292300. Or, you can leave a message out of hours on our 24-hour messaging service by calling 07768 286694. This is a message service only, a member of staff will contact you within two working days of the message being received.

Criminal activity such as drug use should also be reported to the local police on 101 or 999 in cases of emergency. Reports can also be made to police anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

How we deal with anti-social behaviour

The action Hightown may take depends on the type of anti-social behaviour you report. Please contact your Housing Officer for more information. In most cases, your Housing Officer will work with you to resolve the issue through tenancy reminders or interviews, we may also offer mediation where appropriate.

Diary sheets are a valuable way of collecting evidence so that we can investigate reports of anti-social behaviour. We use the diary sheets to get a better understanding of the problem and sometimes as evidence if we need to take court action.

In serious cases, it may be appropriate for Hightown to pursue legal action. In these cases, we will need you to work with us to enable us to investigate and prepare a case for court. We will also work with other agencies that may be involved in the investigation, such as the Police or Environmental Health, so you may also need to work with them.

How we proceed once you have reported an issue will depend partly on whether the anti-social behaviour is classed as type 1 or type 2.

Type 1 (actioned within 5 working days)
  • Noise nuisance (not daily living)
  • Drug use / dealing
  • Harassment
  • Intimidation
  • Verbal abuse
  • Vandalism
  • Non-offensive graffiti
  • Pet/animal nuisance
  • Dangerous driving, or dangerous riding of bikes, mini-motos or skateboards on Hightown land
  • Abandoned vehicle
  • Dumped rubbish / fly-tipping
Type 2 (actioned within 24 hours)
  • Actual/threat of violence
  • Arson/attempted arson
  • Gang/knife/gun crime
  • Offensive graffiti
  • Hate and mate crime
What isn't classed as anti social behaviour?
  • Noise caused by daily living
  • Children playing
  • DIY activities (when carried out at reasonable hours)
  • Cooking smells
  • Religious and cultural practice
  • Neighbour disagreements or lifestyle clashes
  • Smoking cigarettes (unless in internal communal areas or resulting in litter)
  • Pet ownership (if no nuisance is reported
  • Hightown resident and young son outside their home

    My home

    Everything you need to know about repairing and maintaining your home, paying your rent, service charges, and your tenancy agreement or lease.