If something happens to your home we will repair the physical damage to the property but we cannot replace your belongings, or flooring (with exception to the kitchen and bathroom).

We also do not replace glazing, please check this with your insurer.

You should arrange your own insurance to cover this. To help, we have a low-cost insurance scheme available for our tenants to join.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

Please note: if you fit laminate flooring to your property, this will not be covered by Hightown’s building insurance, so you must ensure it is covered under your contents insurance. You should tell your insurer.

If you would like more information:

  • Ask your local Housing Officer for an application pack 01442 292300
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • Alternatively, please visit the www.thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.