Every property and estate is different but, in general, your service charge covers things like:
- communal cleaning
- external cleaning (litter picking, sweeping, communal gardens)
- landscaping in communal areas
- removing rubbish
- day-to-day repairs to communal areas
- repair contracts for door entry systems, shared TV aerials and lifts
- buildings insurance
- public liability insurance
- electricity in shared parts of the building
- window cleaning
You service charge will be based on how much we expect to spend maintaining your estate in the next year. We calculate this every January and will write to you to let you know how much your service charges will be for the upcoming April-March year.
Every year we will send you a copy of your service charge accounts once they have been audited.
If there is a managing agent on your estate or a landlord that owns the freehold, we will collect service charges on their behalf for administration purposes. However, we cannot directly influence the standard of service you receive from a third party managing agent or landlord.