Under the terms of your tenancy agreement, you must report repairs as soon as possible. Unreported repairs can cause further damage to your home, the cost of which you may have to pay for.

When you report a repair, you need to tell us your name, address, phone number and details of the problem. It's important to be specific and clear so we can ensure the right contractor is sent out.

You need to keep the appointment you make with the contractor. Otherwise, you will be recharged and no further repairs will be carried out until you have paid.

If you, your family, visitors or pets damage any part of your home, you need to have it repaired at your own cost. Gas appliance or electrical repairs must be carried out by a suitably qualified engineer. 

Find out what you or Hightown is responsible for repairing