What is Contents Insurance?

Contents Insurance covers items in your home that you would take with you if you moved. This can include TVs, clothes, jewellery, furniture, kitchen appliances such as dishwashers and microwaves and more.

Why do I need it?

If your belongings are stolen or damaged because of flooding or fire, contents insurance will cover the cost to replace them. 

How much does it cost?

The cost of your contents insurance will vary dependent on the value you wish to insure. When trying to establish how much you should be covered for, it is best to think “If I needed to replace everything in my house after fire, how much would it cost me?”. 

Contents insurance calculator

MyHome contents insurance 

MyHome contents insurance scheme is provided by the National Housing Federation in partnership with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc. The contents insurance plan is specifically made available for all residents living in social and affordable housing. This includes tenants, leaseholders and shared owners.

This scheme offers flexible fortnightly or monthly by cash at any post office or pay zone outlet, monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card. You can apply over the phone or by requesting a paper form. 

Many contents insurance contracts often require you to pay an upfront excess fee when making a claim. With MyHome there is no excess! You don’t have to pay the first part of the claim.

Request a quote for contents insurance with MyHome