Hightown has a legal responsibility to ensure that the electrical installation within your home is maintained properly to protect you, your family, your neighbours and your home and belongings. This means that the electrics need to be checked by a qualified technician regularly. As part of this visit, your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors will be checked and, where necessary, replaced.

Since we use electrics in our homes every day, it can be easy to forget how dangerous faulty switches, sockets and electrical installations can be. Exposed wires can cause injury such as shocks and in worst cases, fire! To help keep you safe it essential that when you are contacted by Hightown or one of our approved contractors, that you arrange to let them into your home to carry out these tests. 

The test itself will take around 2-3 hours, depending on the size of your home. The test will involve the testing of the consumer unit, sockets, switches and light fittings to ensure they remain safe to use. If you have a card or key meter for your electricity, please make sure that this are in credit to enable the testing to be carried out.

If you have any concerns about the safety of your electrics, please contact your Estates Quality Inspector.