If you have had a change in circumstances, you must remember to report it to ensure you keep getting the right amount of Universal Credit each month.

Changes in circumstance can include:

  • starting or finishing a job
  • having a child
  • moving in with your partner
  • your rent cost going up
  • changes to your earnings (only if you’re self-employed)

You can report a change in circumstance by logging into your Universal Credit account. 

Sign into your Universal Credit account

It is your responsibility to let the Department for Work and Pensions know about any changes to your situation. The amount you get is worked out each month, so if you have a change in circumstance that may impact the amount you receive, it is important to update your journal as soon as possible.

For more information about using your online Universal Credit account, visit Understanding Universal Credit.