Do you need to get rid of some furniture or household items? There are lots of charities (such as British Heart Foundation or Emmaus) who can come and collect for free or you can use websites such as Freecycle.

If the item can’t be used again, you’ll need to take a trip to your local tip (known as a Household Waste Recycling Centre). Check your council’s website for opening times and locations.

Please don’t leave your unwanted items by communal bins as there is a charge for taking them away. Fly-tipping is taken very seriously and anyone caught doing this could face a hefty fine.