What is Anti-Social Behaviour?
Anti-social behaviour means:
- conduct that has caused, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to any person,
- conduct capable of causing nuisance or annoyance to a person in relation to that person’s occupation of residential premises, or
- conduct capable of causing housing-related nuisance or annoyance to any person.
At Hightown, we are committed to working with residents to investigate anti-social behaviour and have committed to the Government's 'Respect: ASB charter for Housing'. We take anti-social behaviour seriously and understand the negative impact it can have on the residents and communities we work with.
How can you report anti-social behaviour?
We encourage residents that are experiencing anti-social behaviour to report this to Hightown. We have a range of methods that can be used to report anti-social behaviour, including:
- MyHightown portal account for residents
- Hightown's website
- Call Hightown's Reception team on 01442 292 300
- Leave a voicemail or send a text message to our ASB mobile 07768 286 694
Hightown tailor the actions that we offer in response to reports of anti-social behaviour and agree actions with complainants to take a victim centred approach. Some of the actions we may offer include:
- Referral to a professional mediation service
- Interviews with complainants
- Contacting other victims or witnesses to gather further information
- Interviews with alleged perpetrators
- Information sharing with other professional agencies involved
- Support sign-posting or referrals
- Acceptable behaviour agreements and good neighbour agreements
- Signposting to external partner agencies that can assist in investigating and addressing anti-social behaviour
- Enforcement action as a last resort
Hightown is setting up an anti-social behaviour scrutiny group to increase the amount and type of feedback we get from residents about our ASB services. If you are interested in the resident involvement opportunities that Hightown provides, please email email@example.com or call 01442 292 300 and ask for Resident Involvement.