• 24/11/2022

Tackling damp, mould and condensation

The tragic death of Awaab Ishak in Rochdale has highlighted that the housing sector needs to be considerably more proactive in resolving mould and damp issues in residents' homes. We must ensure that this terrible event is not repeated.

The health and safety of our residents is Hightown's number one priority. We must work collaboratively with our residents to tackle damp and mould problems at an early stage.

If you are worried about damp or mould in your home, we can help.

How can I report damp and mould?

How will we help you?

We will arrange to visit your home and work with you to resolve the issue. We will treat any areas of mould and consider what other measures are needed to prevent mould returning.

What can I do if I don't think the issue has been resolved?

You can make a complaint to us through our website, your MyHightown account, by emailing housing.services@hightownha.org.uk or calling us on 01442 292300. If you are still unhappy, you can raise a complaint through the Housing Ombudsman.

Top tips on reducing condensation