What is Hightown doing?
Preserving our environment and ensuring our business practices are sustainable are key priorities for Hightown. You can find out more about our pledge to preserve the environment on the Environment and Sustainability section of our website.
What can you do?
By making small changes at home, not only can we help preserve our environment but we can also save money!
Ten top tips for being more sustainable at home:
- Compost bin in the kitchen – use your food bin correctly if you have one
- Use cooler settings on your washing machine
- Invest in reusable bottles and cups for drinking on the go
- Think about growing vegetables or insect friendly plants (Birds and bees mix)
- Install a water butt to collect rainwater for your garden
- Using low energy lightbulbs not only saves energy but they can save you £5 per lightbulb annually
- Switch off your appliances at the socket
- Only fill the kettle with the amount of water you need
- Turning the thermostat down by 1°C can save approximately £80 a year
- Turning the tap off when brushing your teeth will save more than 2 full buckets of water a day
Test your water saving knowledge!
Anglian Water has created a fun and interesting quiz about water usage in your home, and how you can not only reduce your water usage but also save money on your water bill. Click the button below to give it a go!
For helpful water saving tips, visit Anglian Water.