Are you doing everything you can to keep your home safe from fire? Take a look at some of our basic fire safety tips below:
- Make sure your smoke alarms are in working order! We recommend testing your smoke alarm once a week.
- Stub cigarettes out properly and dispose of them carefully. Make sure you put them out in an appropriate ashtray.
- Be sure to keep exits to your home or building clear. Blocking exits is dangerous and can be a tripping hazard.
- Try and keep to one plug per socket - don't overload your extension leads with lots of high amp appliances.
- Never leave lit candles or cigarettes unattended. Did you know more deadly fires are started each year by cigarettes than any other cause?
- Regularly clean your oven and hob to avoid any fat build up - a build-up of fat, grease and bits of food can start a fire. The most common place for a house hold fire to start is in the kitchen, so please be sure to use appliances safely.
Should a fire start in your home, call 999 and ask for the fire service.
Take a look at the Fire safety in your home leaflet on Gov.UK for more information.
How hot are you on fire safety?
Take our short quiz to be in with a chance of winning a £30 Love2Shop voucher!