If you're impressed with something we have done, or if a staff member or team has gone the extra mile to support you, you can let us know by emailing 


We recognise that sometimes things go wrong, and there will be occasions when you are dissatisfied and wish to complain. When this happens, we will try to address and resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.

What is a complaint?

"An expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents."

 Examples of complaints can relate to:

  • Failure in quality of service
  • Delay or failure to respond
  • Disagreement with a decision
  • A matter of Hightown’s policy or procedure not being followed
  • Dissatisfaction with the way a member of staff has dealt with an issue, including being treated unfairly
  • Dissatisfaction with a third party/contractor acting on behalf of Hightown

Our complaints process

We have a two stage formal complaints process. You can find the details below. 

  • Stage One
    • If you are not happy or our service has fallen short of your expectations, please let us know and we will log your complaint. Please also let us know who you've been in contact with regarding your issue.
    • A Senior Manager will investigate your complaint and respond in writing within 10 working days of escalation.
    • If you remain dissatisfied, you can escalate your complaint to Formal Stage two of the complaints process within 20 working days of the date of the response.
  • Stage Two
    • You can escalate your complaint to formal stage two if you remain dissatisfied, advising of your reasons and your desired outcome.
    • A Director will investigate your complaint and respond in writing within 15 working days of escalation.
    • If you remain dissatisfied following the completion of Hightown’s formal complaints process, you can refer your complaint to an Ombudsman service who may be able to help you.

 What happens after I submit my complaint? We will:

  • Let you know what to expect next
  • Make sure the right person deals with your complaint
  • Give you a contact point
  • Fully investigate your complaint
  • Give you a written response to your complaint
  • Look at any lessons learned to improve customer service

 Read our complaints policy

Complaints handling code self-assessment

The Housing Ombudsman Service

The Housing Ombudsman Service offers a dispute support approach which actively supports landlords and customers to find a resolution between themselves within the landlord's procedure. You can contact the service at any time while a complaint is going through the internal process for advice and to help find a resolution.

The Housing Ombudsman can be contacted via:

Housing Ombudsman Service  

PO Box 152


L33 7WQ

Telephone: 0300 111 3000

Minicom: 0207 404 7092

Hightown will comply with the Housing Ombudsman’s Complaint Handling Code.