• 01/03/2024

Social housing issue? Know how to complain

Everyone deserves a home that is safe, secure, and well maintained. We aim to provide excellent services to all our residents, and we welcome complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve our services. Sometimes things go wrong, but we work hard to put them right.

In addition, the government has launched the ‘Make things right’ campaign to ensure everyone living in social housing who have issues with their home know their rights, know how to complain to their landlord, and that their voice will be heard.

Know the steps to get an issue fixed

Step 1. Report the issue to Hightown by:

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from Hightown you can make a complaint:

Step 2. Complain through our two stage complaints process.

In stage one of the complaints process a manager will investigate your complaint and respond in writing within 10 working days.

If you remain dissatisfied, you can escalate your complaint to stage two of the complaints process within 20 working days of the date of the response.

We will:

  • Let you know what to expect next
  • Make sure the right person deals with your complaint
  • Give you a contact point
  • Fully investigate your complaint
  • Give you a written response to your complaint
  • Look at any lessons learned to improve customer service

A Director or the Chief Executive will investigate your complaint at Stage Two and provide you with a written response within 20 working days.

Step 3. If you are still unhappy, you can escalate your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman.

The Housing Ombudsman Service offers a dispute support approach which actively supports landlords and customers to find a resolution between themselves within the landlord's procedure. You can contact the service at any time while a complaint is going through the internal process for advice and to help find a resolution.