We try to give the best service we can but are aware that sometimes things go wrong. We want to put things right if we can and learn from these situations.

You can make a complaint to Hightown if you own or rent a home that we own or manage, or represent someone who does.

You can make a complaint within 3 months of you being unhappy with the service you received.

How we deal with complaints

  1. Your housing officer or another relevant officer will put the issue right or investigate. They will get back to you within 10 working days. If you're not happy with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the relevant Senior Manager within 20 working days.
  2. Your complaint will be logged and the Senior Manager will respond within 10 working days. If you're not happy with the response, you can ask within 20 working days that your complaint is escalated. It will then be looked at by a Director or the Chief Executive.
  3. A Director or the Chief Executive will investigate the issue fully and respond within 15 working days.
  4. 8 weeks after you have completed Hightown's complaints process, you can go directly to the Housing Ombudsman. If you are a homeowner and your complaint is about service charges, you should instead refer the matter to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). If you live in a care home, or supported housing, Hightown will give you details of the appropriate agency to escalate your complaint to. 

You can submit your complaint online using your MyHightown account or write to us at Hightown House, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 4XH.

Submit a complaint