We try to give the best service we can but are aware that sometimes things go wrong. We want to put things right if we can and learn from these situations.
You can make a complaint to Hightown if you own or rent a home that we own or manage, or represent someone who does.
You can make a complaint within 6 months of you being unhappy with the service you received.
How we deal with complaints
- Your housing officer or another relevant officer will put the issue right or investigate. They will get back to you within 10 working days. If you're not happy with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the relevant Senior Manager within 14 days.
- Your complaint will be logged and the Senior Manager will respond within 10 working days. If you're not happy with the response, you can ask within 14 days that your complaint is passed to the Chief Executive.
- Our Chief Executive will investigate the issue fully and respond within 15 working days.
- If you are not happy with the outcome you can ask within 14 days for your complaint to be referred to a panel. The panel will aim to meet within 6 weeks of your request.
- 8 weeks after you have completed Hightown's complaints process, you can go directly to the Housing Ombudsman.
You can submit your complaint online using your MyHightown account or write to us at Hightown House, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 4XH.