We try to give the best service we can but are aware that sometimes things go wrong. We want to put things right if we can and learn from these situations.
Who can make a complaint?
- Someone who has (or had at the time they complained) a lease, tenancy, licence to occupy, service agreement or other arrangement to occupy premises owned or managed by Hightown
- A service user in Hightown's care and supported housing
- A person who is or was liable to pay a (or who at the time of the matter complained of paid) service charge to Hightown
- An applicant for a property owned or managed by Hightown
- A representative of any of the people above who is authorised by them to make or pursue a complaint on their behalf, this may be a family member or carer
- A representative of a person who is entitled to complain but does not have the capacity to act on their own behalf
How we deal with complaints
- Your housing officer or another relevant officer will put the issue right or investigate. They will get back to you within 10 working days. If you're not happy with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the relevant Senior Manager within 20 working days.
- Your complaint will be logged and the Senior Manager will respond within 10 working days. If you're not happy with the response, you can ask within 20 working days that your complaint is escalated. It will then be looked at by a Director or the Chief Executive.
- A Director or the Chief Executive will investigate the issue fully and respond within 15 working days.
- 8 weeks after you have completed Hightown's complaints process, you can go directly to the Housing Ombudsman. If you are a homeowner and your complaint is about service charges, you should instead refer the matter to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). If you live in a care home, or supported housing, Hightown will give you details of the appropriate agency to escalate your complaint to.
You can submit your complaint:
- through your MyHightown account
- through the complaints form on our website
- calling 01442 29230
- write to us at Hightown House, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 4XH