Universal Credit is a monthly payment to help with your living costs, which will be replacing some of your current benefits.

The following benefits will be replaced by Universal Credit:

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Working Tax Credit

You don’t need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances. You will need to report any changes to the DWP to ensure that you are getting the right payment each month.

A change in circumstance can trigger you to move from your current benefits to Universal Credit. If this happens to you, please tell Hightown. A change can include changing from one benefit to another or starting a new job.

Universal Credit is being rolled out on the following dates:

April 2018

South Bucks (DC)

September 2018

Chiltern (DC)

Wycombe (DC)

October 2018

East Herts (DC)

Stevenage (BC)

November 2018

Central Bedfordshire

December 2018

Dacorum (BC)

Hertsmere (BC)

Milton Keynes

If you have been transferred to Universal Credit, you need to inform us.

For further advice, or to inform us of a change over to Universal Credit, please contact the Income Recovery team on 01442 292 280, or email IncomeRecovery@hightownha.org.uk

For more about Universal Credit, please visit www.gov.uk/universal-credit or contact the telephone helpline on 0345 600 0723.

Benefits and welfare advice

Alternative Payment Arrangements - requesting to pay a different way