Hightown’s Social Lettings Agency aims to increase the availability of properties for those in housing need through the leasing of privately owned properties.
Working closely with local agencies, Hightown Lettings will make private rented accommodation more accessible to vulnerable families threatened with, or experiencing homelessness.
How it works
Hightown Lettings offer a significant range of support services and benefits with the aim of making the tenancy successful for both the owner and the tenant.
The Scheme offers the property owner a full property management service without charging any fees, but guaranteeing the monthly rental income and ensuring the return of the property to the owner with vacant possession and in the same condition as it was at the start, less fair wear and tear.
Hightown Lettings will take a lease from the property owner. It will then become the landlord to the tenant. Therefore the owner has the security and comfort in the knowledge that all matters relating to the property’s rental income and welfare will be secured and protected by Hightown Housing Association.
Benefits for Property Owners
Hightown Lettings recognise that some property owners may have either personally experienced difficulties or been told about difficulties in letting to our target groups in the past. Bearing this in mind we have developed a package of benefits to alleviate those concerns and demonstrate the importance we attach to the involvement of private owners in the scheme.
- Competitive Monthly Rent
- A guaranteed monthly rental income from the start
- Payments made directly to the Landlord from Hightown Lettings
- Rental paid even if the property is unoccupied
- A Lease of 3-5 years
- Tenants are fully managed by Hightown Lettings
- No need for any contact with the Tenant by the property owner
- Ongoing property maintenance throughout the term
- £300 per year contribution towards minor repairs
- Full property condition inventory at the start of the letting and checked during the letting period
- Photographs taken prior to occupation
- The property will be returned in the same condition as commencement less fair wear and tear
- Guaranteed vacant possession at the end of the term
- No end of term hassles or unexpected costs
- Opportunity to renew the agreement
- Your choice to have your property back early if you wish
We would like to secure long term leases with private owners for properties within the Hemel Hempstead and local area.
We will look after the day-to-day management of your property.
The owner will remain responsible for any fair wear and tear repairs or renewals with a value in excess of £300 per year or any planned maintenance or major repair works.