Hightown Housing Association recently launched Hightown Lettings to increase the quantity and quality of housing available to vulnerable families.
Working closely with local agencies Hightown Lettings will make private rented accommodation more accessible to vulnerable and deserving families threatened with, or experiencing homelessness.
How it works
All our prospective tenants undergo a comprehensive assessment which includes their credit history and previous landlord’s reference. Tenants are only approved for the Scheme if we are satisfied that they can sustain a private tenancy.
The Scheme, managed by Hightown Housing Association, will offer a significant range of support services and benefits to both the tenant and the Landlord, with the aim of making the tenancy successful for both the Landlord and the Tenant.
The Scheme offers the Landlord a full property management service without charging the Landlord any fees, but guaranteeing the monthly rental income and ensuring the return of the property to the Landlord with vacant possession and in the same condition as it was at the start, less fair wear and tear.
Hightown Lettings will take a lease from the Landlord. It will then become the Landlord to the tenant. Therefore the Landlord has the security and comfort in the knowledge that all matters relating to the property’s rental income and welfare will be secured and protected by Hightown Housing Assocation. The extensive and professional team at Hightown will provide ongoing housing support to the tenant, helping them gain greater independence and the ability to sustain a successful tenancy.
Hightown Lettings recognise that some landlords may have either personally experienced difficulties or been told about difficulties in letting to our target groups in the past. Bearing this in mind we have developed a package of benefits to alleviate those concerns and demonstrate the importance we attach to the involvement of Private Sector Landlords in the Scheme.
- Competitivetive Monthly Rent
- A guaranteed monthly rental income from the start
- Payments made directly to the Landlord from Hightown Lettings
- Rental paid even if the property is un-occupied
- A Lease of up to 3-5 years which the Landlord can renew if preferred
- Tenants are fully managed by Hightown Lettings under the Scheme.
- No need for any contact with the Tenant
- Ongoing property maintenance throughout the term
- Property maintenance from qualified professionals
- £300 per year contribution from us towards minor repairs
- Interest-free funding for the replacement of the central heating boiler/hot water tank or other essential major works
- Full property condition report carried out at the start
- Full inventory carried out at the start
- Photographs taken prior to occupation
- The property will be returned in this condition less fair wear and tear.
- Guaranteed vacant possession at the end of the term.
- No end of term hassles or unexpected costs.
- Opportunity to renew the agreement.
- Your choice to have your property back early if you wish.
- All legal costs paid, if any are ever required, we will pay them.
We would like to secure long term leases with Private Landlords for properties within the Hemel Hempstead and local area.
We will look after the day-to-day management of your property. However the landlord will remain responsible for any fair wear and tear repairs or renewals with a value in excess of £300 per year or any planned maintenance or major repair works.