At Hightown, were a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. In College Town, Sandhurst, Berkshire we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning disabilities.
We are looking for some great new Support Workers to join our friendly and supportive team in the town who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference. We have a full time role available (37.5 hours per week).
Who we are looking for
Were keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about your life experience and how you share and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care.
If you share our values, wed love you to work for us.
When you care, some days are challenging but every day is special
Youll be joining a calm and welcoming service where youll be empowering our service users, who have autism, to lead the life they want with the support of a network of staff, family and friends. You will not only be providing personal care to the people we support, but also supporting them to take part in a range of activities including going out for a coffee, pottery painting, dancing around the living room with our musician that visits every week, or just taking them out for a drive to see the sights of Windsor. The activities will help see our service users overcome their anxieties, and managing their challenging behaviour to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292291or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £9.30 per hour
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.