Residents have limited or no verbal communication skills, but we believe that this should not hinder their ability to make decisions or to express themselves. All our residents are encouraged to make decisions about their daily lives and adapt their rooms to reflect their personality. We believe life should be fun and help residents to experience as many social and leisure opportunities as possible.
Each resident has a trained and experienced link worker. There is also emergency support from a senior member of staff who is on call for advice.
• A much-loved garden, allowing the residents to spend time outdoors when they wish.
• A communal lounge with a television provides residents with a place to socialise together.
• Specialist equipment includes a wet room with an adapted bath.
Activities and amenities
• Games evenings and day trips are held regularly.
• Many of our Residents access local day centres.
• Regular trips are organised to the theatre, the cinema and the seaside.
• All residents are registered with a local GP and supported to attend a regular medication review and an annual care review with their social worker.
Haslewood Avenue is located very close to Hoddesdon town centre with local amenities a short 2 minute walk away. There is access to the local train station, which is a 15-minute walk away.
• Easy access to Hoddesdon’s cafes, restaurants, shops and local amenities.
• Good public transport links to Hertford and train journeys to London Liverpool Street take under 40 minutes.
For a full brochure click here